英语口语王-爱情、亲情、友情
第一节 爱情的日子里
�� 萌生好感
简很迷人。 Jane is a knockout.
=Jane is beautiful.
A: Jane is a knockout. 简很迷人。
B: I can't agree with you any more. 我同意。
我想追求她。 I'm trying to make a pass at her.
◆I'm trying to pick her up. 我打算征服她。
◆I'm trying to date with her. 我打算和她约会。
A: She is so elegant. 她很优雅。
B: Yes. I'm trying to make a pass at her. 我想追求她。
大卫是个美男子。 David is a lady-killer.
◆David is a handsome young man. 大卫真英俊。
◆He really turns me on. 他让我神魂颠倒。
◆He is a real playboy. 他真是个花花公子。
大卫长得很帅。 David is really a heartbreaker.
=David breaks a lot of hearts.
=David dates a lot of women.
我想我爱上他了。 I think I have a crush on him.
◆I fall in love with him. 我爱上他了。
◆I'm crazy about him. 我疯狂地爱上了他。
◆I swept off her feet when I met her.
我一见到她就被她征服了。
我不敢打她那种女生的主意。 I can't handle a girl like her.
◆She's too much for me. 我"罩不住"她。
A: Why don't you date with her? 你怎么不和她约会呢?
B: I can't handle a girl like her.
我不敢打她那种女生的主意。
你爱上汤姆了。 You're in love with Tom.
=You're head over heels for Tom.
=You're crazy about Tom.
A: It seems to me you're in love with Tom.
好像你爱上汤姆了。
B: That's not true. We've been going out together. That's all.
我不是。我们只是一起出去完而已。
他好像喜欢上我了。 He seems to like me.
=I've got the feeling he likes me.
=I have a hunch he likes me.
A: What are you looking at?
你在看什么呢?
B: Look at David. He seems to like me.
你看大卫,他好像喜欢上我了。
大卫在追求简。David is seeking Jane.
A: David is seeking Jane. 大卫在追求简。
B: No wonder they often have lunch together.
难怪经常看见他们在一起吃饭。
我单恋简好几年了。 I've been sweet on Jane for years.
◆I tumbled for Jane the first time I met her.
我对简一见钟情。
A: I've been sweet on Jane for years.我单恋简好几年了。
B: But why did you not ask her to go out?
但是,你为什么不约她出去呢?
他深深地爱上了一位美丽的女孩。 He fell for a pretty girl.
A: He fell for a pretty girl.
他深深地爱上了一位美丽的女孩。
B: That girl is my classmate.
那个女孩就是我的同班同学。
我没交过男朋友。 I have never had a boyfriend.
A: When do you think people normally fall in love?
你觉得人们什么时候会坠入爱河呢?
B: I don't know. I have never had a boyfriend.
我不知道。我没交过男朋友。