English Story

老外如何用英语表达“怂”

coward 懦夫 
 
I was, to my shame, a coward. 
我很惭愧,我是个懦夫。 
 
He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood. 
他是一个懦夫,一个分不清蛮力和大丈夫气概的恃强凌弱者。 
 
But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward. 
但是同时我不得不承认我是一个天生的懦夫。 
 
I would be a coward if I left now. 
如果我现在离开,就成了一个懦夫。
 
wimp 软骨头
 
But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up. 
可是,他看起来像个软骨头。 我担心,在真正发生危机的时候,他可能不会有足够的勇气来处理问题。
 
I was a wimp. 
我是个窝囊废。
 
What a wimp that boy is! 
那真是个没有骨气的男孩。
 
weakling 没用的人 
 
Think that weakling is a worthy opponent? 
你认为那个懦夫配做我的对手吗? 
 
Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling! 
下次我不帮你了,没用的家伙! 
 
You are a miserable weakling. 
你是一个可怜的弱者。
 
wuss 胆小鬼 
 
Are you being a wuss? 
你想当胆小鬼? 
 
I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss. 
我告诉你们,是懦夫,是胆小鬼!
 
craven 懦夫 
 
No man wants to be thought a craven person. 
没有人希望被人认为是个懦夫。 
 
A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene. 
英雄冒着生命危险去帮助别人;而懦夫却临阵脱逃。