English Story

英语口语王-消极情感

失望与绝望

 

真遗憾。 That's a shame.

A: That's a shame. Our team lost yesterday's match.

真遗憾。我们队在昨天的比赛中输了。

B: Oh, come on. You can't always win.

想开点儿,你们不可能总赢呀。

 

我搞砸了。 I screwed up.

=I messed up.

=I blew it.

 

我恨死我自己了。 I could kick myself, really.

A: I could kick myself, really. 我恨死我自己了。

B: If you work hard, you will be successful.

如果你努力工作,会成功的。

 

白费我那么多力气。 All that for nothing.

A: All that for nothing. 白费我那么多力气。

B: Don't be so depressed. 别这么悲伤。

 

我对他实在很失望。 I'm really disappointed with him.

A: Has he passed the exam? 他通过考试了吗?

B: I'm disappointed with him. 我对他实在很失望。

 

我对他做的事情实在不满意。 I'm quite dissatisfied with what he did.

=I have displeasure with what he did.

A: I'm quite dissatisfied with what he did.

我对他做的事情实在不满意。

B: But he tried his best. 但他尽力了。

 

我感到很难过。 I feel really sad.

=I'm really unhappy.

 

我原指望会好得多。 I expected it to be much better.

A: I'm very disappointed at the new house. I expected it to be much better.

我对新房很失望,我原指望会好得多。

B: You can't say that, David.大卫,别这么说了。

 

真让人失望! What a disappointment!

=What a let down!

◆It's disappointing. 这真令人扫兴。

 

真令人失望! How disappointing!

A: How disappointing! We were just beginning the match when it rained.

真令人失望!我们刚刚开始比赛就下起雨来。

B: Next time we'd better listen carefully to the weather report.

下次我们最好注意听一下天气预报。

 

真是白费力气。 It was a waste of effort.

◆All my effort went down the drain.

我的努力全白费了。

 

我真傻! What a fool I was!

◆I feel such an idiot! 我真是个傻瓜!

 

你让我失望了。 You let me down.

A: I failed in French again. 我的法语又没及格。

B: You let me down. 你让我失望了。

 

我的内心充满了悲伤。 My heart has been filled with grief.

A: My heart has been filled with grief.

我的内心充满了悲伤。

B: Cheer up! 振作起来!

 

今天真是什么都不顺心。 Today just isn't my day.

A: What's wrong with you today?你今天怎么了?

B: Today just isn't my day. 今天真是什么都不顺心。

 

这不是我所期望的。 It's not what I expected.

=It's not as good as I expected.

◆It's expected to be much better. 我原指望它会好得多。

 

纯属浪费时间。 It's a waste of time.

A: You should talk to him. 你应该和他谈谈。

B: It's a waste of time. 纯属浪费时间。

 

实在没有办法。 It can't be helped.

=There's nothing you can do about it.

 

真倒霉! What luck!

A: What luck! We've run out of gas. 真倒霉!汽油用光了。

B: Then we'll have to get off and run to our office because the boss may have already been there. 那我们得要下车跑到办公室去了,老板可能早到了。

 

后 悔

 

我真不该那样。 I shouldn't have done it.

A: I shouldn't have done it. 我真不该那样。

B: What did you do? 你干什么了?

 

这次我真的给弄糟了。 I really screwed up this time.

◆I really messed up. 我真的搞砸了。

 

我很后悔错过了那次机会。 I'm sorry to have missed the chance.

=I regret having missed the chance.

 

我后悔做了那件事。 I regret doing that.

A: I regret doing that. 我后悔做了那件事。

B: What do you mean? 你是指什么?

 

我要是不说那句话就好了。 I shouldn't have said that.

A: Your words have hurt her. 你的话伤害她了。

B: I shouldn't have said that. 我要是不说那句话就好了。

 

我做得有点过分。 I went a little far.

=I overdid it.

 

我要是没做这件事就好了。 How I wish I hadn't done it.

=If only I didn't do that.

A: How I wish I hadn't done it. 我要是没做这件事就好了。

B: It's too late. 太晚了。